Note: This feature will not be available after August 31, 2016.
If you are not willing to pay for web hosting, but you want a reliable host for your site, the Google Drive site publishing feature is the answer. Here's step by step guide to use Google drive as a web host:
Login to your Google Drive account > Click Create > Select Folder
Name the folder > Click Create
Select the checkbox next to website folder > Click Share icon
Select Public on the web > Click Save > Click Done (Please make sure Can view selected)
Click on the website folder's title
Click upload icon > Files
You can select all files > and then click Open
- For sub-folders, you have to create it manually in Google Drive.
- You can create the website all by yourself or just search in Google "Free HTML Website Template"
The items will have the same sharing permissions at the selected folder > Click Upload and share
Now, you have to figure out your new website address, open website folder > copy the string characters after #folders/
Open a new browser tab > paste that string (folder id) into the address bar after https://googledrive.com/host/
And everyone on the internet can access your new website using that address.
- Example: https://googledrive.com/host/0B47Pdqj--olfeExfdXhLSEktSTg/
- Template that I use for example can be downloaded here
- Learn how to use your own domain name (custom domain) on Google Drive hosted website
- How to create a contact form for Google Drive hosted website
Now your website is ready. You can add or edit your website directly from your Google drive account (http://drive.google.com). If you found this article helpful, then please share it with someone else by using the buttons below. Thank you!