Australia is one of the most beautiful and spectacular country with many breathtaking natural landscapes, serene beaches, diverse wildlife, pleasant weather all year round, and amazing scenery. Australia is home to some of the most beautiful natural wonders such as the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru or Ayers Rock, and a labyrinth of amazing islands from Magnetic Island, Whitsunday Island, Fraser Island, Phillip Island, and Kangaroo Island.
Australia is the sixth-largest country of the world and located in the Southern Hemisphere; it is also a big continent and an island on its own. The country has over 5000 big and small islands, which is a staggering number and all the islands are known for their mesmerizing beauty and serenity. Australia is on the bucket list of many passionate tourists, and every year thousands of people visit some of the amazing cities of Australia which includes Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth. There are several tours that you can go to when visiting Australia,but you should plan your trip as goingto all the places on a single trip would not be possible.
Apart from the awe-inspiring landscape, Australia is famous for many different and unusual animals which you would not find anywhere else in the world. Some of the famous native animals of Australia include Kangaroo, Koala bears, Dingo, Wallaby, Emu, Crocodiles, Macaws, Tasmanian devil, Wombat, Platypus, and Echidna.
The one place where you can easily get a chance to see all the amazing animals is none other than the Maru Koala and Animal Parkwhich is an award winning theme park thatalso featuresPirate Pete’s Mini-Golf, and Homestead Bistro where you can relax and dine on sumptuous foods and drinks.
The Maru Koala and Animal Parkis located in Phillip Island which is in the southeast Australia and is just a 1.5-hour drive from Melbourne. Phillip Island is named after Governor Arthur Phillip, who was the first Governor of New South Wales. The island is home to many animals from kangaroos, koalas, and wallabies that are hand-fed by the local people and tourists.
If you happen to visit Melbourne than it is a must that you travel to Phillip Island and kick start your animal adventure trip with Maru Koala and Animal Park, where you can see all the diverse native wildlife in one place. The highlights of the Maru Koala and Animal Park tour include
- Petting a koala
- Walking with dingoes
- Hand feeding a kangaroo
- Meeting the distinctive golden possums
- Talking with the beautiful Australian parrots
- Wrapping yourself with a giant python
- Going on a mini-golf tour that includes walking around ancient pirate ships, seeing a gold mine under a waterfall, and seeing life-size pirate figurines.
The Maru Koala and Animal Park is an unusual and fantastic place that has combined natural scenery with wildlife preservation. There is also entertainment in the form of a fabulous bistro where not only you would dine on the delicious meals and have your favorite drink, but you can also oversee the massive park and animals.
What to Expect of the Maru Koala and Animal Park tour?
You can explore the stunning Philip Island and get up close and personal with the cute and cuddly koalas and interact with other animals such as kangaroos, dingoes, and Macaws.
Your tour will begin with an early morning pickup from a point accessible and convenient to you. An air-conditioned bus would take you from Melbourne to Phillip Island where your first stop would be at Maru Koala and Animal Park. The activities you can indulge once inside the park are
- You can travel to the Koala Conservation Centre, which is a eucalyptus woodland and providesa natural habitat to the koalas. The place has purposefully designed treetops and boardwalks that will allow you and other tourists to interact with the cute koalas and pet them and take photographs.
- There are also guides who will tell you about the activities of the animals and the things they like
- You will learn how the park is giving space and shelter to the orphaned and injured animals who would be released back into the wild again
- For an additional fee, you can get to play with the koalas, walk with the dingoes, and see the lizards
- You would meet with the park keepers and know about Sheep Shearing and other Wildlife shows.
- The next stop on tour is Nobbies Centre, which is situated at the western tip of Phillip. There is a network of boardwalks that overlooks Seal Rocks, The Blowhole, and The Nobbies.
- As the day comes to a close, you would travel to Summerland Beach and grab a suitable spot on the boardwalk. You will get to see the world’s smallest penguin that comes onshore and make its way from the beach to their homes in the sand dunes.
- You will also get a chance to enjoy the interactive and educational displays in the visitor centre
- While walking, you can see the spectacular coastal scenery from the Penguin Parade
What’s Included in the tour package?
- Transportation fees (Air-conditioned Vehicle)
- Wildlife Park Entry fees
- Guided tour
- Penguin Parade entry fee
- Select your choice of pick-up and drop-off point
The time of the year the tour gets opened
- April to September from 11:30 A.M
- October to March from 12:30 P.M
You should arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time for your tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult person
- The tour operates in all kinds of weather conditions
- You should dress suitably
- Wheelchair accessible
- The tour will have a maximum 34 travelers
What to Expect?
- You will pass by Tooradin Jetty, which is a popular fishing spot, and near to an airfield that offers aerial tours and skydiving. There is also an airfield restaurant that offers delightful seafood
- Next, you will pass the Koo Wee Rup Recreation Reserve, and ‘KooWeeRup’ is an aboriginal word meaning ‘blackfish swimming.’
- You will stop at Maru Koala and Animal Park, which is opened for public since 1983 and just one and half hour drive from Melbourne. You will see the numerous animals in the park and interact with park keepers.
- Your tour will continue in the Penguin Parade and end at the Nobbies Centre and Summerland Beach.