Delhi in India is one of the leading popular destinations that attract a lot of tourists from various parts of the world. It covers something for everyone enabling visitors to make a fine trip. Anyone who wants to visit the city should know more about the tourist places in detail that can help to accomplish goals on a trip. Moreover, it gives ways to plan a tour in advance enabling tourists to ensure more excitement. Delhi has two parts Old Delhi and New Delhi which cover a lot of attractions for tourists.
Those who visit Delhi for the first time should plan everything to make the trip a memorable one. Another thing is that visitors can explore interesting places easily after visiting the city that gives ways to witness complete satisfaction. At the same time, tourists should make sure about the availability of hotels in Delhi before planning a trip. The best Delhi Airport hotel offers excellent amenities for tourists enabling them to get the best accommodation. It even allows visitors to schedule a trip with their family and groups accordingly.
Important places to visit in Delhi
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
Akshardham Temple is one of the must-see places in Delhi due to its architectural styles. In fact, it is one of the largest comprehensive Hindu Temples in the world. The temple is an ideal one for the spiritual seekers who want to get the blessings of Lord Swaminarayan. It allows tourists to know the teachings of Hindu religion on eight carved mandapams. Apart from that, it also has a largest wall which hosts several things.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
Rashatrapati Bhavan is one of the popular buildings located in New Delhi. It is the official residence of the first citizen the president of India. The building which covers 3330 acres has 340 rooms. Furthermore, the building has three circuit divisions that offer modern facilities for guests and the president.
- Connaught place
Connaught place in New Delhi is an important commercial hub center known for its market complex houses. It is one of the top heritage buildings in the city that covers art galleries, Khadi shops, and international stores. Visitors can get everything here at the best prices that can save more time. The place is an excellent choice for shopping lovers because it gives ways to explore a wide range of things at one place.
- Chandni Chowk
Chandni Chowk is one of the important places in Old Delhi because it serves as an important shopping centre allowing tourists to buy a variety of things from street vendors and other shops. Since it is a wholesale market, one can purchase goods with huge discounts that can help save more money significantly.
- Lodhi Garden
Lodhi Garden is one of the must-see places in New Delhi which spans over 90 acres. It is a beautiful garden that enables visitors to relax their mind in a comfortable environment. The architecture in the garden has a mix of Sayyidi and Lodhi architect works. Even though it is an architectural site, it is an ideal place for those who want to perform walking activities in the morning and evening.
Travel tips to Delhi
- Delhi has historical monuments which belong to Mughal and other kingdoms while New Delhi covers government buildings that are mainly influenced by Western architecture.
- Hindi is the main language spoken in Delhi and tourists should learn at least some basic words when making a trip to the city.
- Delhi is called as the “Fashion capital” of India because it allows tourists to buy the latest clothes that come with innovative styles. It is possible to buy modern outfits in Delhi at the best prices.
- There are guided tours available in Delhi and travellers can choose the right one among them which suit their budgets and needs.
- Tourists who visit the city for first time should consider having a map with them for reaching the destinations on time.
- Delhi is well-served by metro train network and bus transportation system allowing tourists to reach important places as soon as possible.
- Tap water in Delhi may cause health complications to visitors and they consider having a water bottle while making a trip to the city.
- The pollution levels are high in Delhi and tourists should consider taking precautionary measures for getting high protection from them.
- Delhi experiences extreme cold conditions during the winter season and tourists should pack clothes which perfectly suit them. Apart from that, it is necessary to choose outfits that fit summer months.
- Tourists should follow the local traditions while visiting religious places in Delhi and New Delhi.
- It is advisable not to travel alone in lonely areas in night for overcoming thefts and other problems.
- Both domestic and international tourists should consider carrying the photocopies of important documents while making a trip to the city.
- Delhi is popular one for its night life and tourists can spend quality time in pubs and night clubs.
- Tourists can approach government tourist offices in Delhi for knowing more about historical places and other things with ease.
Where to stay in Delhi?
Tourists who want to plan a trip to Delhi with family and others should choose a hotel that fulfils their expectations. The Delhi airport hotel is very close to important places which allow tourists to plan their trip accordingly. One can even compare the prices of hotels online that can help book hotels at estimated budgets. Most hotels offer 3, 5, and 6-star facilities for guests enabling them to ensure luxury accommodation. They even show ways to enjoy a vacation in an outstanding environment to witness complete satisfaction.
It is necessary to read reviews of hotel websites online that can help to choose the right one based on the choices. A reputed hotel website makes feasible ways to book rooms with discounts to reduce then expenses. In fact, it enables tourists to search for the details of hotels in one place that can save time.