Have you ever wondered a life without cabs? Or construction without cranes? Or food supply without trucks? If your answer is no, then you are aware of a driver’s role in economy and life. India is a country of million of people and transportation is the key for order and harmony. With public transport and private cabs take a hype after pollution control campaigns, the role and need of driver jobs has increased many folds. So, if you are the one looking for driver jobs in India, then read this article as today, we will tell you how you can get great job opportunities in this profession.
India has huge potential for driving jobs as with massive number of trucks, cranes, tempo’s, private cars, cabs and now bikes, hiring for driver jobs has got to new heights. So, if one is looking forward to start a career in this area, the basic requirement is the age of 18 years and a valid driving license. Though the type of license differs with the driving specialty and test type. So, one who is looking for such jobs first needs to decide which vehicle he wants to drive and then take up the stride.
As per the reports published in new Indian express: the ratio of drivers in comparison to vehicles is short also, it is stated that there is a shortage of skilled drivers in India. hence one may ripe for fruits of opportunity with hardwork in this profession.
As per the report of International road transport union there is a shortage of good drivers which can only be filled with great resources. so, let us discuss the knowledge needed for becoming a good driver:-
- Transport Rules — Knowledge of values and approaches for moving people or goods by road, counting the comparative prices and paybacks.
- Travelers Safety and Security — Familiarity of relevant equipment, procedures, policies and plans to encourage operative local, state, or national security processes for the safety of people property, and establishments.
- Customer and Private Service — Knowledge of ethics and processes for providing customer and personal facilities. This includes customer requirements assessment, giving quality standards for services, and assessment of customer gratification.
- Native Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the Native language, including the meaning and words, rules of grammar.
- Mechanical Expertise — Knowledge of machineries and gears, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Scope of Driver Jobs in Indian Market:
There are many cab service organizations which have broadened the scope of driver jobs in India such as Ola, Uber, Rapido, Easy Cab, Meru, Savaari, Spice, Gozo etc. along with this there are many vendor services such as Sea Hawk, Chanson, Mithila, United etc. these vendors provide cabs to multinational companies again widening the scope for driver jobs.
You may also read: How to answer: What is your salary expectation?
Now let us take you through the salary scope in driver jobs:
- At initial-level a Driver with 1-year experience can expect payout of an average total salary (includes tips, overtime pay and bonus) of ₹153,193 based on 31 salaries.
- In early stage of career, a Driver with 1-4 years of work experience may earn an average total package of ₹183,099 based on 110 salaries.
- Once he reaches middle of career as Driver with 5-9 years of work experience, he may earn an average total payout of ₹500,000 based on 23 salaries.
- A tenured driver with 10-19 years of work experience may make an average total salary of ₹1,050,000 based on 21 salaries.
- In their late years of work (20 years and higher), driver may earn an average total salary of ₹1,389,691.
Most companies in India require drivers and pay good salaries to them. So, this occupation has a great scope in economy, as drivers help in delivery of goods and transportation of passengers. In India official commute is the major work, so driver jobs are also in demand for this, hence if you are looking for driving job as a career in India then get your driving license and start your journey.