Yellow Sapphire or Peela Pukhraj or simply Pukhraj is a very beautiful, shiny Yellow gemstone. Yellow Sapphire has been favoured by people from all walks of life from royalty, to politicians, celebrities to scholars and explorers.
Yellow Sapphire is a gemstone of wisdom, success, prosperity, profit, blissful marital life (specially for women), good health, good luck,fame, fulfilment of wishes and energies of abundance. The benevolent attributes of Yellow Sapphire has made it one of the most popular gemstones.
As per Vedic Astrology, this stunning gemstone is associated to planet Jupiter, which is ruled by Guru, who is the teacher. The Original Yellow Sapphire stone helps advocates, lawyers, traders, writers, people in the teaching profession, students, businessmen etc. Wearing a Yellow Sapphire relieves malefic effects of the planet Jupiter.
Yellow Sapphire acts on the Throat Chakra or Vishuddha Chakra. It balances and energizes the Vishuddha Chakra to aid in self expression and communication and also boosts the intelligence, sharpness and understanding skills of a person.Physically, original Yellow Sapphire or Peela Pukhraj heals diseases connected to the throat, lungs, thyroid problem, brings energy and vitality to the body. It is said to be effective in healing Kidney ailments.
The cost of the Yellow Sapphire depends on the origin, clarity and cut of the stone. Yellow Sapphire is found in Srilanka, Madagascar, Tanzania, Thailand, US, Burma, India, Keniya and Australia. Ceylon in Srilanka is known as the major supplier of Yellow Sapphire.
If Yellow Sapphire is worn on the index finger on advice of an expert astrologer then it is mandatory that the stone touches the body. It is of utmost importance to ensure that the one you are wearing is Original Yellow Sapphire.
How to check for Original Yellow Sapphire
It is difficult for a common person to detect difference between a fake/false Yellow Sapphire and an Original Yellow Sapphire as they look almost the same, so only an expert of gemstones can detect the difference. However there are a few ways we can check about how original Yellow Sapphire is while buying.
1) Yellow Sapphire is considered a very hard stone, second to Diamond. So an original Yellow Sapphire if scratched with a metal like steel cannot get scratched, except for Diamond, which has the capability of scratching it.
2) Natural Yellow Sapphire has no inclusions which are visible to the naked eye. If miniscule bubbles or liquid like things are seen in the Yellow Sapphire stone, then it is not original Yellow Sapphire. Checking the stone with a magnifier may reveal the truth of whether it is natural or not.
3) Another interesting method to check for original Yellow Sapphire is to keep the stone soaked in milk for at least a day. If it changes colour it is not original Yellow Sapphire.
4) If the Yellow Sapphire stone appears to be clear, it can be an original Yellow Sapphire stone. Though it might be tough to detect.
5) Note if a sign of “X’ is there at the back side of the Yellow Sapphire stone. If it is then it is a synthetic stone and not an original Yellow Sapphire stone.
6) Hold the Yellow Sapphire stone in the for some time, if it becomes slightly warm then it is an original Yellow Sapphire stone. If it does not change temperature then it maybe a fake one.
7) In the original Yellow Sapphire stone the facets are well defined and sharp as it is a hard stone and not easy to cut.
8) An original Yellow Sapphire is said to become darker when rubbed on a hard surface or a touchstone.
9) The original Yellow Sapphire if held between the thumb and index finger of the right hand and slightly pressed between both fingers, it will slip and fall due to the smoothness of the natural piece.
10) When heated on fire, the original Yellow Sapphire appears very much like the Sun while it is setting.
Considering all factors of checking for an original Yellow Sapphire or Pela Pukhraj, it is best to buy it from a reputed and trusted seller.